The Role of Adrenal Hormones in PCOS
PCOS is one of the most common endocrine disorders in women of reproductive age and likely affects the lives of many of your patients. In this DUTCH Webinar featuring DUTCH clinical consultant Dr. Kelly Ruef, ND, you’ll investigate the etiology of adrenal PCOS and learn how to spot high adrenal androgens. Dr. Ruef will guide you through the four phenotypes of PCOS and highlight potential adrenal involvement that might be overlooked in this syndrome. You’ll also learn how the DUTCH Test can be superior to serum testing for evaluating high adrenal androgens.
- 00:00 – Introduction
- 02:45 – Presentation Begins
- 03:42 – What is PCOS?
- 05:05 – Diagnosing PCOS
- 10:17 – Let's talk about androgens
- 12:40 – Measuring androgens and metabolites on the DUTCH Test
- 22:00 – More about adrenal androgens
- 28:29 – Genetic factors related to adrenal PCOS
- 32:37 – The role of stress in adrenal production
- 36:58 – Four DUTCH Test examples
- 43:52 – Potential treatment considerations
- 1:00:32 – Key takeaways
- 1:01:38 – Q&A
Please Note: The contents of this video are for educational and informational purposes only. The information is not to be interpreted as, or mistaken for, clinical advice. Please consult a medical professional or healthcare provider for medical advice, diagnoses, or treatment.
Disclaimer: Special offer of 50% OFF first five kits is invalid 90 days after new provider registration.