Monitoring HRT: Understanding the Evidence
How to best monitor hormone replacement therapy is a big debate in the integrative medicine community, and one where common practice is not necessarily supported by research. In this webinar, Mark Newman and Dr. Jaclyn Smeaton will aim to help attendees understand the best approach to monitoring hormone replacement therapies. They will discuss the benefits of monitoring your patients' hormone therapies and explain what the research says about monitoring with serum, saliva, and urine. Attendees will come away with greater clarity around this important clinical decision.
Research and Resources
- New Peer-Reviewed Research Press Release
- DUTCH Research
- bHRT Monitoring Matrix
- Influences of percutaneous administration of estradiol and progesterone on human breast epithelial cell cycle in vivo
- 22:45 – Lab tests to effectively monitoring HRT
- 26:08 – Announcing new DUTCH research on monitoring transdermal estrogen
- 27:35 – Urine values scale linearly with estrogen patch dosing
- 29:21 – Urine values scale linearly with estrogen gel dosing
- 30:56 – Saliva values show much higher values for gels
- 31:45 – Urine values sale up with compounded creams, but the type of cream makes a big difference
- 54:00 – Understanding the Chang study
- 58:30 – Digging into the research to build DUTCH Trust
- 1:05:52 – Which HRT applications work with dried urine testing and which ones don’t
Please Note: The contents of this video are for educational and informational purposes only. The information is not to be interpreted as, or mistaken for, clinical advice. Please consult a medical professional or healthcare provider for medical advice, diagnoses, or treatment.
Disclaimer: Special offer of 50% OFF first five kits is invalid 90 days after new provider registration.