Breast Health and Hormones: Going Beyond Cancer Prevention
Breast health is one of the most important areas of focus for female patients. With breast cancer encompassing 30% of all new female cancers and many other breast diseases lacking conventional treatment, functional medicine providers have a unique opportunity to treat breast health using an integrative approach.
Join Dr. Lauren Young as we explore hormone testing and treatment options for optimizing the health of breast tissue. Explore the latest research, understand the hows and whys of testing, and discover protocols to help providers treat female patients.
- 03:04 - Webinar Begins
- 04:21 - Greater risk of developing breast cancer for women these days
- 07:56 - Identifying risk factors for benign breast tissue abnormalities
- 10:49 - The role of hormones in breast tissue abnormalities
- 13:45 - Different types of estrogens and estrogen receptors
- 17:10 - The history of estrogen studies and breast cancer risk
- 22:20 - Explaining estrogen metabolites (2OH, 4OH, and 16OH)
- 30:49 - Why do cruciferous vegetables improve estrogen metabolism?
- 32:45 - Reduce exposure to endocrine disruptors in the environment
- 35:50 - Support COMT enzymes
- 37:00 – Case Study
- 40:15 - Conclusion
Please Note: The contents of this video are for educational and informational purposes only. The information is not to be interpreted as, or mistaken for, clinical advice. Please consult a medical professional or healthcare provider for medical advice, diagnoses, or treatment.
Disclaimer: Special offer of 50% OFF first five kits is invalid 90 days after new provider registration.