The Shipping Specialist is responsible for preparing and shipping product, and receiving incoming shipments. Successful candidates will have strong communication skills, great attention to detail, and be able to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment. This role will work onsite at our McMinnville, OR location.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assemble and pack testing kits and other items ensuring order and packing accuracy
- Accurately retrieve and/or enter orders in the database, print shipping labels, and enter provider/patient information
- Inventory, track, and organize supplies necessary for shipments
- Effectively communicate with shipping carriers, customers, vendors, and other departments; ensure timely responses and feedback as needed
- Perform basic office tasks such organizing, filing, copying, and emails
- Follow company procedures, guidelines, and policies
- Troubleshoot issues and research solutions and support other team members with questions or support as needed
- Deliver and pick up mail daily to/from the post office or as needed with other carriers
- Use PA’s Core Values in daily activities and interactions with others
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Collaboratively perform other duties as needed to support company goals
Qualifications & Desired Skills:
- High-school degree or equivalent
- Experience working in shipping, warehousing, or similar environment
- Computer technology experience and the ability to learn systems quickly and effectively
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams) preferred
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities, and strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills, the ability to communicate (verbal/writing) effectively at all levels and with all customers, internally and externally
- Dependable and punctual, ability to work flexible hours, including late nights and/or weekends as needed
- Positive attitude, a cheerleader for our people, culture, company, and brand
This position is located in an office/warehouse type environment with frequent use of a computer and related hardware. A person must be able to stand and/or sit, see, hear, and talk, use hands to type, handle or feel tools or controls, and use hands and arms to reach. This position requires lifting up to 25lbs, moving up to 50lbs with assistance, and periods of time where repetitive motions are required to create and package product. The ability to use and climb ladders, operate scissor lift, forklift and pallet jack to move heavy materials, after appropriate training, is also required.
In addition, this position may at times require travel and use of a personal vehicle to transport mail, product, or other items to Precision Analytical locations, vendor, or mail drop-off locations.