New Perspectives on Anti-Aging Medicine
featuring Kara Fitzgerald, ND, IFMCP
Season 3: Episode 9
Published November 7, 2023
Join us as Dr. Kara Fitzgerald bridges the gap between epigenetics and functional medicine with her fascinating research on diet and lifestyle interventions that can slow the rate of aging. Discover how the foods we eat and how we live our lives can directly impact epigenetics and DNA methylation, leading to changes in the biological clock. Dr. Fitzgerald details her groundbreaking study from her new book “Younger You” that challenges long-standing beliefs about aging and reveals that even though living forever isn’t possible, living well for longer is within reach.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- Dr. Fitzgerald's journey into the research of aging.
- How epigenetics, the switchboard for our genes, plays a pivotal role in aging.
- The influence of lifestyle choices, particularly diet, on DNA methylation.
- Key takeaways from Dr. Fitzgerald’s pioneering study on bio-age reversal and its implications.
- The efficacy of the Mediterranean diet in influencing the aging process.
- Practical recommendations for promoting favorable methylation patterns, including daily vegetable intake and modest exercise.
- The significance of active stress management and its connection to accelerated aging.
Subscribe to the DUTCH Podcast wherever you get your podcasts
About our speaker
Dr. Kara Fitzgerald, ND, IFMCP, is engaged in clinical research on DNA methylation using diet and lifestyle interventions developed in her virtual and in-person functional medicine clinic. She published a consumer book, Younger You, and a companion program based on her ground-breaking eight-week study that resulted in a three-year reversal of biological aging.
Dr. Fitzgerald is a faculty member at the Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM) and is an IFM certified practitioner. She regularly lectures internationally and is the host of the podcast New Frontiers in Functional Medicine.
Please Note: The contents of this podcast are for educational and informational purposes only. Precision Analytical will be interviewing functional medicine key opinion leaders, the best and brightest in the field. The information is not to be interpreted as, or mistaken for, clinical advice. Please consult a medical professional or healthcare provider for medical advice, diagnoses, or treatment.
Learn more about Dr. Kara Fitzgerald and buy her new book “Younger You”
Connect with Dr. Kara Fitzgerald on social media: @drkarafitzgerald
Become a DUTCH provider and profoundly change your patients’ lives through comprehensive hormone testing.
Learn more about the Mastering Functional Hormone Testing Course – free to registered DUTCH providers!
Follow DUTCH on Social Media: @dutchtest