Associate Medical Writer
Precision Analytical, makers of the DUTCH Test, leans hard into our mission and values in support of health care providers and patients in their hormone education and health journeys. The role of the Associate Medical Writer is to support our research endeavors.
The role can be performed primarily from a home office with flexibility to travel to our McMinnville, OR office. Candidates must have the ability, with support from the Company, to create a remote office experience with effective internet capabilities and a quiet work environment, free of distractions.
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), salaried position.
The Associate Medical Writer will provide strategic and tactical support for the preparation and submission of abstracts, posters, and manuscripts to scientific meetings and peer-reviewed publications. The role involves working with our Data Scientists and Physicians to draft publications, manage the review process, incorporate feedback, and produce a final product for submission.
We conduct primarily clinical & translational research, mostly centered around retrospective, observational studies, utilizing data collected in our own clinical laboratory. We are a hormone testing company and focus our research on women’s and men’s hormonal health, as well as the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis and cortisol. We also publish on method validation, as we utilize a novel dried urine sampling process.
The Medical Writer will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and quality of submission-ready documents using established and effective writing processes.
The Medical Writer will also conduct literature searches and should be proficient in using PubMed and other scientific databases as well as have familiarity and competence with the use of a reference manager such as EndNote or Zotero. Experience with AMA preferred.
The role will also include staying current with recently published literature in related subject areas and assisting both leadership and the Data Science/Research team with extracting insights from the most relevant publications.
The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years of writing experience in a medical communications, clinical laboratory, or pharma environment.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Draft and edit scientific publications including abstracts, posters, and manuscripts in partnership with our data scientists for submission to peer-reviewed publications
- Make revisions as needed based off of direction from Research Team and Senior Leadership Team
- Communicate with Research Team, Senior Leadership team, and outside authors to steward publication edits and drive on-time completion of publications
- Track the progress of documents and publications according to deadlines and milestones
- Monitor publications relevant to the business and provide references and summaries of the most current publications to leadership and the Data Science/Research team
- Craft communications appropriate to the target audience
- Ensure maintenance of document standardization through use of model documents/templates and appropriate peer review
- Uphold ethical medical principles, including patient confidentiality
- Use PA’s Core Values in daily activities and interactions with others
- Collaboratively perform other duties as needed to support company goals
Qualifications & Desired Skills:
- Advanced degree in a Science/Health field paired with 1-2 years of writing experience in a medical communications, clinical laboratory, or pharma environment
- Or bachelor's level scientist with 2-3 years’ experience in medical communications, medical/clinical lab or pharmaceutical environment
- Strong interest in clinical research and writing
- Computer technology experience and the ability to learn systems quickly and effectively; demonstrated experience using virtual communications (Zoom, Teams, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Teamwork, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple objectives/duties and strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills; the ability to communicate (verbal/writing) effectively at all levels and with all customers, internally and externally
- Dependable and punctual; ability to work flexible hours to meet business objectives and provider needs
- Positive attitude; champion for our people, values, culture, company, and brand
- Knowledge and experience with female and male sex hormones and the adrenal hormones including various holistic, functional, and allopathic treatment options is desired
This position is in an office/employee home office environment with frequent use of a computer and related hardware, and telephone or video communications. A person must be able to stand and/or sit; see, hear and talk; use hands to type, handle or feel tools or controls; use hands and arms to reach. Occasionally lifting/moving up to 10lbs is also required.
In addition, this position may require, on occasion, a person to travel via car, airplane, and other modes of transportation to various sites including Precision Analytical locations, training or meeting venues, conferences, or trade shows, etc.