Specimen Processing Supervisor
Precision Analytical, creators of the DUTCH Test, is looking for a talented leader to fill our open Specimen Processing Supervisor position. This person will lead a critical team in our lab process, as the whole things starts with them and their ability to work with accuracy and efficiency!
This role will work onsite in our McMinnville, OR location.
This role supervises the Specimen Processing team, responsible for organizing and accessioning samples for our lab. The Specimen Processing Supervisor will help maintain a team culture of safety and respect and support company goals and our mission to positively impact lives.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Help to maintain a safe work environment; ensure that work area and environmental conditions are appropriate for the work being performed. Bring forward any concerns.
- Ensure timely and efficient production performance by scheduling and assigning tasks to employees; make sure work is completed and field questions
- Supervise and coach team members to meet departmental and production objectives; provide feedback regarding performance and conduct performance reviews
- Provide input and support to the Director of Operations regarding staffing needs; manage training plans for new employees. Utilize key performance indicators (KPI’s) and metrics to determine departmental needs and effectiveness
- Partner with other departments and communicate regularly regarding incoming sample numbers, concerns, issues with completion times, etc.; resolve or elevate problems to leaders
- Receive, unpack, organize and process incoming test kits; match samples to requisition and verify payments; support and train team members in related tasks
- Accession samples; enter provider and patient information into internal database and ensure sample sheets are complete
- Deliver and pick up mail daily to/from the post office or as needed with other carriers
- Help maintain laboratory information system, audit and confirm information; troubleshoot and fix issues as they arise. Bring forward concerns for leadership as needed
- Ensure necessary tools and supplies are available and equipment is is performing effectively; ensure staff compliance, help troubleshoot and communicate needs for repair or ordering of supplies
- Understand and support the development, implementation and management of various procedures and practices; providing insights to support a culture of continuous improvement
- Work cross-functionality on projects and to proactively resolve specialized, procedural, and operational issues; escalating cases that require additional expertise or review
- Follow all protocols and SOPs as well as company procedures, guidelines, and policies; lead by example and ensure others are compliant
- Demonstrate PA’s Core Values in daily activities and interactions with others
- Collaboratively perform other duties as needed to support company goals
Qualifications & Desired Skills:
- High-school degree, or equivalent; college degree or coursework in chemistry or related field may benefit the person in this role, but is not required
- 2+ years experience in a lab, manufacturing, data entry or similar environment
- 2+ years supervisory experience with demonstrated ability to lead and train team members
- Computer technology experience and the ability to learn systems quickly and effectively; experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams) helpful
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills; the ability to communicate (verbal/writing) effectively at all levels and with all customers, internally and externally
- Excellent judgment, cognitive skills, innovative thinking, and problem-solving abilities; ability to react to situations with a sense of urgency and responsibility
- Dependable and punctual; ability to work flexible hours, including late nights and/or weekends as needed
- Positive teamwork-based attitude; a champion for our people, culture, company and brand
This position is located in an office/lab environment with frequent use of laboratory instruments and tools, computer and related hardware. A person must be able to stand and/or sit and effectively move around the building and lab workspaces; see, hear and talk; use hands to type, handle or feel tools or controls; use hands and arms to reach.
This position requires lifting up to 25lbs and use of PPE when working with urine and saliva samples. In addition, this position may at times require travel and use of a personal vehicle to transport mail or other items to Precision Analytical locations, vendor or mail drop off locations.