Sample Prep Technician
Sample Prep Technician
Precision Analytical, creators of the DUTCH Test, is looking for a Sample Prep Technician with a friendly personality, amazing attention to detail and passion for helping others.
PA is an exciting place to develop your skills, take care of client needs, and be a part of a dynamic team furthering the company’s mission by providing the best diagnostic tools in functional medicine.
This role will work onsite in our McMinnville, OR location.
This role of Sample Prep Technician is responsible for creating batches and preparing sample test blocks for lab analysis; also retrieving and entering confidential patient information into our internal database. Successful candidates will have excellent attention to detail and accuracy and thrive in a team environment.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Use internal database (LIMs) to review and export data, accurately create and print batch files and plate maps; data entry as needed
- Accurately load control strips and patient samples in test blocks using plate maps
- Prepare and store patient samples
- Clean test blocks and other tools
- Troubleshoot basic issues and research solutions; support other team members with questions or support as needed
- Perform basic office tasks such organizing, filing, copying, emails
- Follow company procedures, guidelines, and policies
- Use PA’s Core Values in daily activities and interactions with others
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Collaboratively perform other duties as needed to support company goals; may include providing support to departments such as Specimen Processing, Shipping or others as needed and to fill down time
Qualifications & Desired Skills:
- High-school degree, or equivalent
- Experience in a related work environment or experience demonstrating a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Computer technology experience and the ability to learn systems quickly and effectively
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams) preferred
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills; the ability to communicate (verbal/writing) effectively at all levels and with all customers, internally and externally
- Dependable and punctual; ability to work flexible hours, including late nights and/or weekends as needed
- Positive attitude; a champion for our people, culture, company and brand
This position is located in an office/lab environment with frequent use of a computer and related hardware. A person must be able to stand and/or sit; see, hear and talk; use hands to type, handle or feel tools or controls; use hands and arms to reach.
This position requires occasional lifting up to 25lbs and use of PPE when working with urine and saliva samples. In addition, this position requires repetitive and tedious use of hands, wrists and arms to cut and roll samples in preparing blocks.