Human Resources / Recruiting Coordinator
For this role, we are looking for candidates who can temporarily work from a home office with the flexibility to come to our McMinnville office or other worksites. Successful candidates will have the ability, with support from the Company, to create a remote office experience with effective internet capabilities and quiet work environment, free of distractions. After COVID restrictions have changed, working onsite will be required, though flexibility to work part-time from home may be considered.
We are seeking an HR Coordinator to support the ever-growing team at Precision Analytical! Working with the HR Team, this role’s initial and primary focus will be to support all things “Recruiting” as we search for top candidates to fill roles across the company. The HR Coordinator, will support administrative needs of the department, help with company communication and culture activities, and more with emphasis on taking care of our people.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with the HR team and hiring managers to coordinate recruitment activities from start to finish following established processes; may include creating job descriptions, posting jobs, screening resumes, and candidate information, phone screens, scheduling interviews (via phone, Zoom or in-person), follow-up communications, tracking applicant progress, etc.
- Organize and schedule employee onboarding activities including orientation schedules with various department leaders; work with the hiring manager to help ensure all new-hire needs are met on their first day (e.g. desk set-up, IT hardware and configuration, trainings, etc.)
- Help organize new-hire paperwork, ensuring it is prepared for the employee’s first day, and then follow up to ensure completion
- Organize and maintain personnel files and other HR documentation and data, hard-copy and electronic, ensuring compliant practices; create files, file documents timely and accurately, help perform self-audits, purge old files, etc.
- Support and coordinate various department or other people-related activities, projects, and communications as requested by the Director of HR or other leaders; may include meeting or event set-up, scheduling training, helping with the safety committee, and related activities
- Create, update, and proof letters, presentations, postings, and other documents
- Run and create reports and manipulate data using ADP, Excel, etc. as requested
- Become an expert user of online recruiting platforms and company applicant tracking system; work with outside vendors, generate reports, troubleshoot issues, and research best practices
- Support the use of current or new programs or apps such as SurveyMonkey, employee recognition, or performance management platforms, etc.
- Answer questions from employees regarding their employment, benefits, and general information; or pass along to the appropriate person, making sure to elevate employee concerns to managers, as needed
- Provide back-up support to timekeeping, payroll and other ADP needs
- Use PA’s Core Values in daily activities and interactions with others
Desired Skills & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree, coursework and/or certification in Human Resources, Business or related field is preferred
- 3+ years’ experience providing administrative support or similar experience; including 1+ year Human Resources experience
- Demonstrated experience in managing or supporting recruitment activities
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required; experience with Applicant Tracking systems, ADP, Zoom, preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Strong attention to detail, including the ability to accurately draft and proof written correspondence, with few errors
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate (verbal/writing) effectively, internally and externally
- Available to work flexible hours, including late nights and/or weekends, as needed
- Positive attitude; a champion for our people, values, culture, company, and brand
This position is in an office/lab (or a home office) environment with frequent use of a computer and related hardware. A person must be able to stand and/or sit, see, hear, and speak, use hands to type, handle, or feel tools or controls, and use hands and arms to reach. Occasionally lifting/moving up to 20lbs is also required.
In addition, this position may require a person to travel via car, airplane, and other modes of transportation to various sites including Precision Analytical locations, stores, or vendor locations, training or meeting venues, expos, or trade shows.