Director of Marketing
The Director of Marketing is responsible for the implementation of new and innovative marketing plans which competitively differentiate and further build awareness and preference for our brand. This position directs and oversees all aspects of marketing and brand management through all available platforms and communication channels to further our goals in providing industry leading interaction with providers, patients, and partners. The Marketing Director serves on the leadership team and is directly involved in forming and implementing strategic plans for the company. This role reports directly to the Vice President of Business Strategy.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and manage strategic marketing plans and forecasts to achieve business objectives for Precision Analytical test kits, solutions, and services
- Plan and oversee advertising and promotion activities including, but not limited to, social media, website, print, and trade shows
- Oversee and evaluate market research and adjust marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions
- Manage and lead brand manager, marketing coordinator, and other marketing team members as added; coach team to meet objectives and customer service expectations and to achieve personal development goals
- Coordinate and collaborate with representatives from the Clinical Team and Education Department to develop and review content for social media posts, webinars, and other marketing content as needed
- Coordinate and collaborate across all departments to develop a comprehensive social media, marketing, and tradeshow calendar for annual planning and implementation
- Collaborate with the Director of Education on various projects and objectives including, but not limited to the launch and promotion of:
- Webinars, live speaking engagements (online and in-person) and other events related to non-CME and CME subjects/topics
- Other online education programs and modules as they are created
- Analyze and report to leadership team marketing analytics such as website, social media channels, and other impressions across all marketing elements
- Lead project launch management efforts related to marketing by coordinating timelines and project tasks
- Conduct market surveillance on current trends, topic requests, and clinical knowledge gaps through customer analysis and surveys. Work cross-functionally to address these needs/gaps
- Develop and recommend product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategies to produce the highest possible long-term market share
- Create sales and marketing collateral to support sales activities for providers, channel partners, and patients
- Coordinate with the Director of Sales to develop sales and customer training materials to support customer service needs and better customer onboarding
- Partner with Director of Human Resources and other leaders to support internal/employee marketing and communications needs; may include idea creation, print design, video, program design, event support, etc.
- Use PA’s Core Values in daily activities and interactions with others; lead by example and coach team members on living our values
Desired Skills & Experience Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Marketing, Business Administration, or similar field
- 10+ years related experience, including emphasis in brand, digital. and social media marketing
- Demonstrated experience managing staff and influencing business decision-making
- Experience in the healthcare industry, particularly in healthcare informatics or medical testing fields, and similarly situated company is highly desirable
- Substantial experience with digital and social media platforms and best practice usage
- Expertise in the following or related:
- Familiarity with CMS and marketing analytics tools (Google Analytics), SEM, and best practices
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Photoshop
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat DC Pro, Stock Images, Premier Pro, etc.) and graphic application files and printing solutions
- Web design tools (WordPress, HTML, HTML 5, CSS, etc.)
- Cloud-based platforms such as Constant Contact, MailChimp, Go-To-Webinar, Zoom, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and effectively lead projects, and strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills and the ability to communicate (verbal/writing) and collaborate effectively at all levels and with all customers, internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and be results-oriented and solution-focused
- Ability to work flexible hours, including late nights and/or weekends as needed
- Positive attitude; a cheerleader for our people, the team, culture, company, and brand
This position is in an office (or employee remote) environment with frequent use of a computer and related hardware. A person must be able to stand and/or sit, see, hear, and talk, and use hands to type, handle, or feel tools or controls, and to reach. Occasionally lifting/moving up to 30lbs is also required.
In addition, this position will require a person to travel via car, airplane, and other modes of transportation to various sites including Precision Analytical locations, stores, or vendor locations, training or meeting venues, etc. Anticipated travel is up to 25% in a given year.