About Precision Analytical
Precision Analytical is the creator of the DUTCH test, an innovative hormone test that creates better tools for healthcare professionals to explore hormone issues with their patients. PA exists to make it easier for patients and their healthcare providers to find answers to complex clinical questions. We are fully committed to our mission of providing the best diagnostic tools in functional medicine.
This position will require work to be done onsite at our McMinnville Location; flexible scheduling may be considered.
The Facilities Manager is responsible for all facilities and environmental systems needed to ensure safe, compliant and effective lab operations including waste management, water systems, nitrogen generator and other electrical, mechanical and gas related processes. In addition, this position will provide facilities and maintenance oversight to our worksites and ensure effective communication to leadership about potential risk, prioritize needs, etc.
This role will play a key part in the overall success of our business as we continuously strive to provide high quality and timely lab testing services, advance in our processes and technology, and grow as leaders in our industry.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Help maintain a culture of laboratory and facilities safety; ensure that the laboratory and environmental conditions are appropriate for the testing performed and provide a safe environment in which employees are protected from physical, chemical, and biological hazards
- Manage the following systems, equipment or facility needs:
- Waste collection and management, including hazardous waste, reduction & disposal
- Methanol usage and recycling
- Water systems
- Nitrogen generator – to include liquid nitrogen tank and auto-switch valves
- Others as needed
- Troubleshoot and ensure timely repair of related equipment
- Ensure proper maintenance, usage, and installation of lab equipment and supplies, including appropriate scheduled/preventative maintenance and calibration of lab equipment; coordinate maintenance schedules with production schedules/needs and minimize downtime
- Manage related materials and spare parts inventory to ensure continuous operation
- Observe and analyze processes and recommend improvement opportunities for discussion by the team; focus on safety and environmental, quality, operational efficiency, and cost effectiveness while ensuring applicable policies and guidelines are followed
- Write, validate and maintain documentation, SOPs, training materials for all related programs and equipment; train employees as needed
- Ensure proper safety procedures and equipment are in place and working effectively including eye wash/shower stations, fire extinguishers, hood ventilation, proper PPE; partner with leadership and safety committee to assess and respond to any lab related safety concerns
- Effectively interpret regulations and ensure compliance with local, state and federal agencies including reporting requirements; elevate concerns and partner with leadership when needed
- Work with the COO to manage external vendor relationships in support of facilities needs or other projects as assigned; may include agency or other partner such as the local fire marshal, OSHA, etc.
- Research emerging technologies or best practices and assess potential effectiveness in our organization to support scalability, efficiency, and other business objectives; stay current on systems and practices
- Support various projects facilities or equipment projects; may include space planning
- Follow all laboratory methods, protocols and SOPs as well as company procedures, guidelines, and policies; lead by example and ensure others are compliant
- Demonstrate PA’s Core Values in daily activities and interactions with others
- Collaboratively perform other duties as needed to support company goals
Qualifications & Desired Skills:
- 4+ years working in a lab environment or similar environment with related responsibilities and bachelor’s degree in chemistry or laboratory technology or education/training supporting the responsibilities listed; or overall equivalent
- Experience creating programs and working with waste management, methanol, nitrogen, water, systems
- Experience working in a regulated laboratory or demonstrated knowledge of related safety standards and other regulations; our lab falls under CLIA standards
- Ability to comprehend equipment manuals, data sheets, hardware schematics, building plans
- Experience managing or working with vendors or subcontractors
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams)
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of statistics and ability to apply learnings to process
- Excellent judgment, innovative thinking, and problem-solving abilities; ability to react to situations with a sense of urgency and responsibility
- Collaborative with strong interpersonal and listening skills; the ability to communicate (verbal/writing) effectively at all levels, internally and externally
- Dependable and punctual; ability to work flexible hours, including late nights and/or weekends as needed
- Positive teamwork-based attitude; a champion for our people, values, company and brand
This position is located in an office/lab environment with frequent use of laboratory instruments and tools, computer and related hardware. A person must be able to stand and/or sit and effectively move around the building and lab workspaces; see, hear and talk; use hands to type, handle or feel tools or controls; use hands and arms to reach.
This position requires lifting up to 30bs, and use of PPE when working with urine, saliva or other samples and a variety of lab chemicals.