Precision Analytical, creators of the DUTCH Test®, is looking for a Lab Assistant with a friendly personality and passion for helping others. PA is an exciting place to develop your skills, take care of client needs, and be a part of a dynamic team furthering the company’s mission by providing the best diagnostic tools in functional medicine.
This role will work onsite in our McMinnville, OR location; part-time (mornings) and full-time options are available.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean test blocks and other tools
- Accurately load patient samples in test blocks using plate maps
- Prepare and store patient samples
- Help receive, unpack, organize shipments, and help with inventory
- Prepare solutions, help set up or calibrate equipment, and other lab support tasks as requested
- Work with urine and saliva samples
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment, including housekeeping type duties if needed (sweeping, dusting, trash)
- Perform basic office tasks such organizing, filing, copying, and emails
- Follow company procedures, guidelines, and policies
- Use PA’s Core Values in daily activities and interactions with others
- Collaboratively perform other duties as needed to support company goals; may perform similar support duties in other departments as needed
Qualifications & Desired Skills:
- High School degree or eqivalent
- Experience in a lab or related work environment, demonstrating a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams) preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills; the ability to communicate (verbal/writing) effectively at all levels
- Dependable and punctual; ability to work flexible hours, including late nights and/or weekends as needed
- Positive teamwork-based attitude; a cheerleader for our people, culture, company, and brand
This position is located in an office/lab environment with frequent use of a computer and related hardware. A person must be able to stand and/or sit, see, hear and talk, use hands to type, handle, or feel tools or controls, and use hands and arms to reach. This position requires lifting up to 25lbs, and use of PPE when working with urine and saliva samples. In addition, this position requires repetitive and tedious use of hands, wrists, and arms to cut and roll samples in preparing blocks.