Information Systems Manager
The Information Systems Manager is a key position on the Precision Analytical management team. This position will be responsible for leading the development, implementation, and ongoing management of initiatives across the organization aimed at delivering a positive customer experience through enhanced IT/IS service performance.
The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical, communication, and leadership skills and is expected to play a proactive role in positioning technology to achieve company goals in line with growth initiatives and company values.
We are seeking candidates who can work effectively from a home office and our McMinnville office or other worksites.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage IT/IS strategic and operational planning to achieve company goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing initiatives, and coordinating the deployment and management of current and future information systems across the organization
- Promote and oversee strategic relationships between internal customers, IT/IS resources, and external entities. Develop strong partnerships across all business units and with external service providers
- Keep current with trends and issues in the IT/IS industry, including current technologies and costs; advise management
- Develop and establish company policies, standards, guidelines, and operating procedures for computing and information technology
- Evaluate overall operations of computing and information technology functions and recommend enhancements to improve operational efficiency. Seek out opportunities for appropriate and cost-effective investments in information systems
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT/IS spending and initiatives; manage related expenses, project budgets, etc.
- Oversee the development, design, and implementation of new applications and changes to existing computer systems and software packages
- Review hardware and software acquisition and maintenance contracts and manage relationships with key vendors and service providers
- Manage the development, review, certification, and execution of all back-up and enterprise-wide disaster recovery procedures and plans
- Ensure IT/IS compliance with applicable laws, contracts, and regulations
- Manage information and data integrity; ensure the security of all company information systems, communication lines, and equipment, including remote workspace
- Maintain an appropriate IT/IS organizational structure; establish departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures. Utilize key performance indicators (KPI’s) and metrics to determine departmental effectiveness
- Leads and coaches IT team to meet objectives and customer service expectations, and to achieve personal development goals
- Use PA’s Core Values in daily activities and interactions with others; lead by example and coach team members on living our values
- Collaboratively perform other duties as needed to support company goals
Qualifications & Desired Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Information Technology or similar field; 7+ years’ related experience including emphasis in business systems analysis and integration, project management, and service management
- Demonstrated experience managing staff and influencing business decision making
- Experience in the healthcare industry, particularly in healthcare informatics or medical testing fields, and similarly situated company is highly desirable
- Substantial experience with enterprise software applications, for example Laboratory Information Systems, Electronic Health Records, Business Intelligence, and Financial Management systems
- Knowledge of and experience in full software development lifecycle and use of a variety of life cycle methods (e.g., agile, waterfall, packaged software implementation)
- Ability to manage the entire spectrum of information technology operations with demonstrated experience conceiving, deploying, and managing technology projects, teams, budgets, including effective change management initiatives
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities/projects, and strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills; the ability to communicate (verbal/writing) effectively at all levels and with all customers, internal and external
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and be results-oriented and solution-focused
- Dependable and punctual; ability to work flexible hours to meet business needs
- Positive attitude; a champion for our people, values, culture, company, and brand
This position is in an office (or employee remote) environment with frequent use of a computer and related hardware. A person must be able to stand and/or sit; see, hear and talk; use hands to type, handle or feel tools or controls; use hands and arms to reach. Occasionally lifting/moving up to 30lbs is also required.
In addition, this position may require a person to travel via car, airplane, and other modes of transportation to various sites including Precision Analytical locations, stores or vendor locations, training or meeting venues, etc.