- This event has passed.
Men’s Health and the DUTCH Test®
June 10 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Lab testing for male patients can be downright confusing when attempting to understand the complexities of what hormones to test, for what reason, and correlating it with his symptoms.
The DUTCH Test® provides excellent information for men looking to optimize their health and wellbeing. While it is common to focus only on increasing testosterone, other hormones play key roles in symptoms such as fatigue, abdominal weight gain, gynecomastia, male pattern baldness, depression, insomnia, and more. Testosterone and its metabolites and estrogen metabolism are all reported in DUTCH testing.
In addition, the three main estrogens (estrone, estradiol and estriol) plus estrogen metabolism show if a male patient is estrogen dominant, estrogen deficient and how his estrogen detoxification is working. By evaluating these two hormone sections in tandem, better patient outcomes can be achieved.
While estrogen metabolism is often associated with women’s health, men need healthy clearance as well. Moreover, hormones such as cortisol and melatonin also play a role in testosterone production and spermatogenesis. This webinar will review the sex, adrenal, nutritional organic acids, and neurotransmitter results for typical men’s health complaints while discussing case examples.
At the conclusion of the webinar, practitioners will be able to:
- Identify key sex hormone patterns on the DUTCH Test® for men
- Differentiate phase 1 estrogen metabolism from phase 2 estrogen metabolism and its importance in men’s health
- Evaluate 5a-reductase and its effect on androgens related to prostate concerns, acne, mood, and male pattern baldness
- Determine when anti-aromatase measures should be addressed
- Develop a personalized treatment plan for DUTCH results based on case examples