Precision Analytical is the creator of the DUTCH Test, an innovative hormone test that creates better tools for healthcare professionals to explore hormone issues with their patients. PA exists to make it easier for patients and their healthcare providers to find answers to complex clinical questions. We are fully committed to our mission of providing the best diagnostic tools in functional medicine.
This position is located in McMinnville, Oregon, in the beautiful Willamette Valley. We are seeking candidates who can work in a hybrid role effectively from both a home office and our McMinnville office (minimum of two days per week).
We care about your time and interest to know next steps in our recruitment process. To show this, all applicants will receive a personalized response within 3 business days.
The Data Analyst strives to continually improve Precision Analytical’s ability to leverage data and information for measuring our business, making decisions, and improving customer experience. This role will play a pivotal role in managing our business intelligence efforts, creating software testing data models, establishing data architecture, and ensuring data governance to support our mission of improving patient care and outcomes.
Responsibilities include leading efforts around organization, analysis, presentation, and integration of data. The Data Analyst will work with each business area and the overall company leadership team to provide and manage tools to analyze data and enable effective Business Intelligence capabilities.
The ideal candidate will possess strong skills in data analytics, software development and effective communication. This individual should be able to thrive in an environment where they work both independently and as part of project teams while they gain understanding of how data is utilized.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage business intelligence efforts and data-driven decision-making capabilities within the organization by defining, developing and supporting solutions to track and display metrics through associated dashboards, reports and queries
- Participate in data architecture decisions and execution, including identification and selection of appropriate technologies and tools
- Continue to build and develop Precision Analytical’s data analytics capabilities
- Develop and maintain testing data sets for company’s core software applications
- Manage the integration and stewardship of data resources to ensure data timeliness, accuracy, and a single version of truth
- Coordinate with other technical staff and vendor resources to address, prioritize and manage requests to resolve issues and enhance capabilities for accessing data in a timely manner
- Participate in cross-functional projects and efforts to identify and understand data requirements for each business area while implementing solutions to address specific needs and ensure scalability to support continued organization growth
- Develop specialized knowledge of Precision Analytical (PA)’s data sources and understanding of how associated information can be fully utilized to support and enhance critical business processes and services of the organization
- Develop understanding and documentation of how information flows across business processes and among internal and external parties
- Ensure strong processes are in place to support data presentation and analysis, including application access, user account management, security, and access controls
- Support planning, design, development and implementation efforts for software applications and supporting databases to ensure data is effectively and strategically leveraged as part of decision-making and enhancing service to our customers
- Coordinate with company leadership, department heads and other personnel to empower end users with the ability to run their own queries and reports as well as navigate dashboards to do their own gathering, analysis and monitoring of data
- Maintain high level of competency in data analytics through ongoing training and skills development
- Research emerging technologies to make recommendations to leverage new solutions to help create a more data-savvy organization
- Use PA’s Core Values in daily activities and interactions with others
- Collaboratively perform other duties as needed to support company goals
Qualifications & Desired Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Data Science, Data Analytics, or similar field; or equivalent education, professional training, and experience
- 3+ years’ related experience including emphasis in database management, data analysis, software development, data warehouses / data lakes, and business intelligence
- Experience with data presentation tools such as Power BI, Excel, Tableau, etc.
- Experience with Python
- Knowledge and experience with Healthcare industry, lab environment and associated regulatory requirements including HIPAA, PCI and privacy compliance will help this role be most effective, and may be given first preference
- Knowledge and familiarity of Software Development Lifecycle methodologies including Scrum, Waterfall, Test-Driven Development, etc.
- Analytical skills to identify information sources, manage datasets, create queries, develop dashboards and report on key business performance metrics
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills; ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, to stakeholders at all levels
- Adept at establishing trust, empathy and positive working relationships with coworkers and vendor partners
- Excellent decision-making, problem solving and organizational skills with ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities/projects and demonstrate attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and be results oriented and solution focused
- Dependable and punctual; ability to work flexible hours to meet business needs
- Positive attitude; a champion for our people, values, culture, company, and brand
This position is in an office (or employee remote) environment with frequent use of a computer and related hardware. A person must be able to stand and/or sit; see, hear and talk; use hands to type, handle or feel tools or controls; use hands and arms to reach. Occasionally lifting/moving up to 30lbs is also required.
In addition, this position may require a person to travel via car, airplane, and other modes of transportation to various sites including Precision Analytical locations, stores or vendor locations, training or meeting venues, etc.