Precision Analytical, creators of the DUTCH Test®, is looking for a Chemist 1 with a friendly personality and passion for helping others. This role will work onsite in our McMinnville, OR location.
The Chemist role is responsible for performing high-quality analytical methods in a progressive laboratory. This role provides support for lab analysis through routine sample testing and basic instrument troubleshooting.
This position offers career progression within our lab team! Successful candidates will learn quickly, be interested in developing skillset and supporting the growing needs of PA.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform analytical methods on patient samples using UV-vis spectrophotometry, solid and liquid phase extractions, hydrolysis, and derivatization to prepare samples for instrument analysis
- Prepare standards or reagents needed for analytical procedures
- Basic troubleshooting/maintenance of associated equipment
- Maintain and follow all laboratory methods, protocols, and SOPs and follow company procedures, guidelines, and policies
- Actively communicate quality issues or key findings to leader or manager
- Work with urine and saliva samples
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Perform basic office tasks such organizing, filing, copying, emails
- Use PA’s Core Values in daily activities and interactions with others
- Collaboratively perform other duties as needed to support company goals
Qualifications & Desired Skills:
- Bachelor of Science in a related field
- Experience in a lab or related work environment, demonstrating a high level of attention to detail and accuracy is highly desirable
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, etc.) preferred
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and strong attention to detail
- Ability to react to situations with a sense of urgency and responsibility
- Be an effective team-player, committed to company goals
- Ability to react to situations with a "sense of urgency" and responsibility
This position is located in an office/lab environment with frequent use of laboratory instruments and tools, computer and related hardware. A person must be able to stand and/or sit, see, hear, and talk, use hands to type, handle, or feel tools or controls, and use hands and arms to reach. The ability to lift up to 25lbs and use PPE when working with urine and saliva samples is also required.