Applications & Data Analyst
Applications & Data Analyst
Precision Analytical, creators of the DUTCH Test, is looking for a talented Applications & Data Analyst to join us in helping to further the company’s mission of providing industry-leading functional hormone testing and education. This is a new position in a time where improving our business systems and technology is critical for our continued company growth. If you are excited about helping to better leverage data with our core business applications and want to work for a company with loyal customers, innovative products and people that share our mission, PA might be the place for you! Find out more about us at www.dutchtest.com.
This position is located in McMinnville, Oregon, in the beautiful Willamette Valley. We are seeking candidates who can work effectively from both a home office and our McMinnville office or other worksites.
The Applications & Data Analyst strives to continually improve the ability of the organization to leverage data and information managed within our core business applications for purposes of decision-making and improving the overall customer experience.
This individual will serve a primary role in managing multiple software applications and related data. Responsibilities will include leading efforts to convert data from original sources into new software applications and ensuring processes are in place to ensure integrity of data and information for each software application. They will also work with each business area and the overall company leadership team to provide and manage tools to analyze data and enable effective Business Intelligence capabilities.
The ideal candidate will possess strong balance of data analytics, software applications management and effective communication skills. This individual should be able to thrive in an environment where they work both independently and as part of project teams while they gain understanding of how data is utilized.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage business software applications and supporting databases while providing assistance to end users and ensuring ongoing enhancements of each solution
- Manage business intelligence efforts and data-driven decision-making capabilities within the organization by defining, developing and supporting solutions to track and display metrics through associated dashboards, reports and queries
- Manage the integration and stewardship of data resources to ensure data accuracy, clear data classification, secure access and efficient associated business processes
- Coordinate with other technical staff and vendor resources to address, prioritize and manage requests to resolve issues and enhance capabilities especially as it relates to data stored in each software application and associated data warehouse solutions
- Participate in cross-functional projects and efforts to identify and understand data requirements for each business area while implementing solutions to address specific needs and ensure scalability to support continued organization growth
- Develop specialized knowledge of Precision Analytical (PA)’s data sources and understanding of how associated information can be fully utilized to support and enhance critical business processes and services of the organization
- Develop documentation of software applications and supporting databases including how they are utilized to support workflow processes within each business area
- Coordinate with business areas, technical team members and vendor resources to ensure strong software application administration processes are in place including the management of user accounts, security controls and data access capabilities
- Support planning, design, development and implementation efforts for software applications and supporting databases to ensure data is effectively and strategically leveraged as part of decision-making and enhancing service to our customers
- Coordinate with company leadership, department heads and other personnel to empower end users with the ability to run their own queries and reports as well as navigate dashboards to do their own gathering, analysis and monitoring of data
- Maintain high level of competency of software applications and databases through continued use and training
- Research emerging technologies to make recommendations to leverage new solutions to increase capabilities of the organization in terms of software application functionality and enhanced utilization of data
- Use PA’s Core Values in daily activities and interactions with others
- Collaboratively perform other duties as needed to support company goals
Qualifications & Desired Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Data Science, Data Analytics or similar field; or equivalent education, professional training and experience
- 3+ years’ related experience including emphasis in software application management, database management, data analysis, data warehouses and business intelligence
- Professional certifications desirable; may include CompTIA Data+, Microsoft Certified Data Analyst Associate, Certified Analytics Professional (CAP) or others relating to data analytics/data science/business analytics
- Knowledge and experience with Healthcare industry, lab environment and associated regulatory requirements including HIPAA, PCI and privacy compliance will help this role be most effective, and may be given first preference
- Experience with software applications such as Microsoft 365, SharePoint, Power BI, SQL, Lab Information Management Systems (Limfinity), Patient Portals, Accounting Software (QuickBooks), CRM (Nutshell), Learning Management Systems (EthosCE), Teamwork, Project Management tools and multiple web application technologies
- Knowledge and familiarity of database development and IT System Development Lifecycle methods including Agile, Scrum, Waterfall and other project methodologies
- Analytical skills to identify information sources, manage relational databases, create queries, develop dashboards and report on key business performance metrics
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills; ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, to stakeholders at all levels
- Adept at establishing trust, empathy and positive working relationships with coworkers and vendor partners
- Excellent decision-making, problem solving and organizational skills with ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities/projects and demonstrate attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and be results oriented and solution focused
- Dependable and punctual; ability to work flexible hours to meet business needs
- Positive attitude; a champion for our people, values, culture, company, and brand
This position is in an office (or employee remote) environment with frequent use of a computer and related hardware. A person must be able to stand and/or sit; see, hear and talk; use hands to type, handle or feel tools or controls; use hands and arms to reach. Occasionally lifting/moving up to 30lbs is also required.
In addition, this position may require a person to travel via car, airplane, and other modes of transportation to various sites including Precision Analytical locations, stores or vendor locations, training or meeting venues, etc.