About Precision Analytical
Precision Analytical is the creator of the DUTCH test, an innovative hormone test that creates better tools for healthcare professionals to explore hormone issues with their patients. PA exists to make it easier for patients and their healthcare providers to find answers to complex clinical questions. We are fully committed to our mission of positively impacting one life, and then a million more.
This position is located in McMinnville, Oregon, in the beautiful Willamette Valley. We are seeking candidates who can work effectively from both a home office and our McMinnville office or other worksites.
We care about your time and interest to know next steps in our recruitment process. To show this, all applicants will receive a personalized response within 3 business days.
Precision Analytical has a new and exciting opportunity! We are expanding our Accounting Team by opening an Accounting Supervisor position. This person will be responsible for planning, executing, and managing all accounting operational functions. They will lead the accounting team and implement new processes to help further business performance.
- Manage accounting operational functions of the business including accounts receivable, accounts payable, budgeting, forecasting, reporting
- Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of monthly, quarterly and annual book close cycles through effective planning, monitoring, and troubleshooting
- Effectively coordinate and prepare financial statements; provide management with regular and ad hoc financial reporting
- Develop and monitoring business performance metrics
- Assess current accounting operations; provide recommendations for improvement, and implement new processes
- Evaluate the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed; assist in the implementation of QuickBooks with new LIMS system; provide insight and expertise on best practices
- Establish, document, and perform internal control procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting
- Manage external auditing and reporting needs
- Develop, maintain and update cost analysis models; help with customer pricing information
- Keep up to date on accounting and financial best practices, regulations and other important information to ensure operational excellence
- Ensure financial practices are in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), federal / state rules, and other applicable regulations and company policies
- Manage and lead team members; coach team to meet objectives and customer service expectations, and to achieve personal development goals
- Supervise team members; manage schedules and ADP timesheets, answer questions, and provide regular support on all employment related topics. Partner with manager, HR, or others as needed
- Provide input regarding staffing needs; manage training plans for employees. Utilize key performance indicators (KPI’s) and metrics to determine departmental needs and effectiveness
- Work cross-functionality on projects and to proactively resolve procedural and operational issues; escalating cases that require additional expertise or review
- Follow all protocols and SOPs as well as company procedures, guidelines, and policies; lead by example and ensure others are compliant
- Demonstrate PA’s Core Values in daily activities and interactions with others
- Collaboratively perform other duties as needed to support the company’s goals; provide back up for all accounting positions as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or Finance and 5+ years of relevant experience in accounting, finance, or similar work; or overall equivalent education and experience
- Experience in the healthcare or laboratory industry, small to mid-sized companies and/or supporting a company through time of growth
- Demonstrated leadership experience with both teams and projects
- Advanced knowledge of general accounting practices (GAAP) and understanding of the financial and quantitative aspects of the business such as accounts receivable, accounts payable, budgeting and forecasting; ability to perform Financial Analysis
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, identify issues/opportunities, and implement solutions
- Strong understanding and experience with financial reporting requirements
- Experience with Financial software, Quickbooks
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills; the ability to communicate (verbal/writing) effectively internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and be results oriented and solution focused
- Dependable and punctual; ability to work flexible hours to meet business needs
- Have a positive attitude – be a champion for our culture and brand, and be self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit
This position is located in an office (and employee remote) environment with frequent use of a computer and related hardware. A person must be able to stand and/or sit; see, hear and talk; use hands to type, handle or feel tools or controls; use hands and arms to reach. Occasionally lifting/moving up to 10lbs is also required.