Precision Analytical (PA), creators of the DUTCH Test, is looking for a Chemist I to help support our company growth and further our mission of providing the best diagnostic tools in functional medicine. PA is an exciting place to develop your skills, take care of client needs, and be a part of a dynamic team.
This position offers career progression within our lab team and entry level candidates are welcomed! Successful candidates will have the ability to learn quickly and effectively, have a passion for quality and an interest in helping others. We are rapidly growing, and this position is regularly open.
This role will work onsite in our McMinnville, OR location.
You will be responsible for performing high quality analytical methods in a progressive laboratory. You will provide support for lab analysis through routine sample testing and basic instrument troubleshooting.
- Perform analytical methods on patient samples (urine and saliva samples) using UV-vis spectrophotometry, solid phase extractions, hydrolysis and derivatization to prepare samples for instrument analysis
- Prepare standards or reagents needed for analytical procedures
- Regularly observe equipment for any abnormalities, perform basic troubleshooting and maintenance of associated equipment
- Effectively multitask and coordinate multiple assignments simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy and timeliness
- Maintain and follow all laboratory methods, protocols, and SOPs; follow other company procedures, guidelines, and policies
- Communicate effectively and with a sense of urgency quality issues or key findings to the proper supervisor
- Adhere to safety and housekeeping requirements, and communicate concerns to supervisor or manager
- Perform basic office tasks such organizing, filing, copying, emails
- Demonstrate PA’s Core Values in daily activities and interactions with others
- Collaboratively perform other duties as needed to support company goals
- A Bachelor’s degree with a major in Chemistry, OR equivalent education to include 8 hours of organic chemistry and 4 hours of analytical chemistry, OR analytical chemistry experience through employment
- Computer technology experience and the ability to learn systems quickly and effectively; Precision Analytical uses Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams) as well as lab specific systems
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills; the ability to communicate (verbal/writing) effectively at all levels and with all customers, internally and externally
- Dependable and punctual; ability to work flexible hours. 90-day training period is Monday through Friday ( 8 hour days, some overtime may be required). After training, this position will be required to work a 4-day, 10-hour schedule Sunday-Wednesday or Wednesday-Saturday determined by company needs.
- Positive teamwork-oriented attitude; champion for our people, culture, company, and brand
This position is located in an office/lab environment with frequent use of laboratory instruments and tools, computer and related hardware. A person must be able to stand and/or sit and effectively move around the building and lab workspaces; see, hear and talk; use hands to type, handle or feel tools or controls; use hands and arms to reach.
This position requires lifting up to 25lbs, and use of PPE when working with urine, saliva, or other samples, or with chemicals and other substances, within our lab environment.